Job Title: Software Engineer - Product R/D - IV
Location: Oregon, Portland
Duration: 6 months (contract)
Senior Platform Software Engineer, Philanthropy Cloud
We are seeking for a passionate, hands-on senior backend engineer to help build from the ground up the next-generation marketplace and B2B2C platform for Philanthropy for nonprofits, foundations, corporations and their employees, customers, citizen philanthropists, and other stakeholders using the best of breed technology, social, mobile and AI.
Successful candidates will possess extensive software development and delivery experience, having landed large and complex software programs with a proven ability to innovate, lead by example, and code prolifically.
· 5+ years of software development experience with prolific coding abilities
· Experience in designing and developing GraphQL or REST API based services. GRPC would be beneficial, not required.
· Experience in Postgres or other SQL experience required.
· In-depth understanding of OOP, microservices design patterns, domain driven design, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency.
· Experience building secure, distributed, scalable, high-performance, resilient systems
· Proven track record in building products on big data systems such as Spark, Kafka, Storm, and Hadoop
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Nice to have Skills:
· Experience in Reactive frameworks such as Akka, RxJava, Vert.x
· Experience in building software on Heroku cloud infrastructure
· Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development
· Experience with ElasticSearch
· BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience