Job Title: Technical Program Manager II
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 12 months with scope for extension/conversion
Client: Leading Social Media Company
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Request ID: 16774-1
**Must have US Work Authorization
The main function of a Technical Program Manager is to provide successful definition, implementation and delivery of complex programs that require cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies across a group of projects and/or related activities.
• Deliver programs within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget and under circumstances involving multiple moderate-probability, moderate-impact risk factors.
• Program-level strategic planning, interaction with executive level management, complex issue resolution, excellent communications and team building skills.
• Manage a group or groups of internal exempt and matrixed employees and contractors that serve on the project(s) to deliver systems and systems enhancements that meet specified requirements.
• Oversight of project scope definition and management, requirements gathering and documentation, time estimating, project schedule development and tracking, project budget management, project status reporting, issue and risk management, contingency planning, customer interaction, and communications across multiple organizational levels.
(1) General program management -
• Project estimating, project scheduling & tracking, customer interaction and management, implementation planning in large organizations
• Proven people management and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
• Experience with software development lifecycle
(2) Mandatory -
• Time management
• Influencing without authority
(3) Preferred -
• Technical familiarity with end-to-end metric creation; will be able to understand and act upon requests such as “Does Facebook have mechanisms to determine if assets are in a pre-render state in these situations”
• SQL knowledge to provide queries
• Prior audit experience
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMP or PMI certification