Job Title: Technical Program Manager (17503-1))
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 6 months with possibility to extend
Location: US – CA- Menlo Park
Client: Leading Social Media Company
*Must have US Work Authorization*
Software Development Program Manager
This leading Social Media Company's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at this company are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The main function of a Technical Program Manager is to provide successful definition, implementation and delivery of complex programs that require cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies across a group of projects and/or related activities.
• Deliver programs within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget and under circumstances involving multiple moderate-probability, moderate-impact risk factors.
• Program-level strategic planning, interaction with executive level management, complex issue resolution, excellent communications and team building skills.
• Manage a group or groups of internal exempt and matrixed employees and contractors that serve on the project(s) to deliver systems and systems enhancements that meet specified requirements.
• Oversight of project scope definition and management, requirements gathering and documentation, time estimating, project schedule development and tracking, project budget management, project status reporting, issue and risk management, contingency planning, customer interaction, and communications across multiple organizational levels.
• Project estimating, project scheduling & tracking, customer interaction and management, implementation planning in large organizations
• Proven people management and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
• Experience with software development lifecycle
• Strong background in software development; must understand software development lifecycle and have strong technical knowledge
• 8+ years experience within the tech industry
• Strong data and analytics background using Big Data, managed metrics, data infra
• Experience as a program manager including project management, strategic planning, cross-functional collaboration, program oversite, ability to interact with external and internal customers
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMP or PMI certification preferred