Contract for Leading Social Media Company
Job Title: Software Engineer I
Location: Burlingame, CA
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 6 months with scope for extension/conversion
Request ID: 13953-1
The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
• Modify existing databases and database management systems.
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
• Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.