Job Title: Data Analytics & Engineering - Data Engineer III - 10265
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Description: Summary:
Facebook AI Infra team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team in Bellevue. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with different ML frameworks and build data driven insights to support various initiatives. Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve.
• Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
• Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
• Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
• Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals.
• Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
5+ years of Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
Expert-level skills in writing SQL and query performance tuning.
Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive/Spark/Presto etc.
Nice to have
Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Proficiency in one of the scripting languages - python, ruby, java or similar
Experience in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes
Hands on machine learning or statistics experience
Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Process certification, such as, Six Sigma, CBPP, BPM, ISO 20000, ITIL, CMMI