- Cary, NC
Registered Nurse Job Description
Provides care to residents in accordance with physicianorders, recognized standards of practice and established company policies andprocedures
- Implements and coordinates the delivery of care incollaboration with physician and resource health care personnel. Ensuresresident rights are maintained at all times.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning,implementation, and evaluation) in applying nursing knowledge
- Documents all pertinent information regarding nursingcare, care plans, observation of the residents overall condition and behavior,Medicare charting, admission, discharge, and patient teaching.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company policies andprocedures and Clinical Systems. Adheres to company systems, processes, andprocedures.
- Provides functional direction and assistance to ChargeNurses and CNAs. Completes new staff orientation as assigned.
6. Directs resident care to include making rounds on atimely basis to ensure continuity of care. Ensures proper utilization ofcommunity supplies and equipment. Answers call lights as needed. Sets up andadministers prescribed medications and treatments including IV therapy;operates a variety of medical equipment as necessary.
- Completes monthly/quarterly assessments and documentationas assigned. Attends care plan meetings as assigned. Acts as resident advocate.
- Communicates effectively with the residents, families,visitors, members of the health care team, and other disciplines.
- Participates in screening potential admission andplacement of prospective residents in the community in order to ensurecompetent nursing services.
- Actively participates in community's Quality AssurancePerformance Improvement Program. Monitors and assesses clinical systems forconcerns and trends and reports findings to Nursing Administration.
- Must have working knowledge of community's emergencyprocedures, including fire and disaster drills, OSHA regulations, and infectioncontrol standards.
- Attends training to stay abreast of current and emergingnursing/healthcare trends
- This job description represents an overview of theresponsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended torepresent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should performall duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
You Must have :
- Education and Experience: Graduate from Accredited Nursing School and a minimum of oneto two years related experience preferred.
- Certifications, Licenses, and other SpecialRequirements
- Current State RN License. Basic CPR/first aid training. Firesafety training.
- Management/Decision Making
- Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based onprecedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standardprocedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when tohandle them personally.
- Knowledge and Skills: Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline thatrequires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the workenvironment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
- Excellentoral and written communication skills, as well as exceptional customer serviceskills. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Ability toprioritize and plan work activities. Ability to organize tasks and work area.Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrantsuch action. Demonstrates an interest in working with a senior population.Ability to establish an effective working relationship with all departments andthe community. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills. Demonstratesattention to detail. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office andemail (Microsoft Outlook or Exchange preferred). Possesses basic typing skills.Ability to maintain resident confidentiality.
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
Contract Length: 3 weeks
Thursday, January 14, 2021