RN-Cardiac Progressive Care (CPCU), Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), Med-surg Adult, Step Down, Telemetry Cardiac
- Rapid City, SD
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Cardiac Progressive Care (CPCU), Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), Med-surg Adult, Step Down, Telemetry Cardiac. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
- Candidate will be placed in the Progressive Care Unit with the floating assignments to the Cardiac Intervention Unit.
- Candidate may also be placed in the ICU, Med/Surg, or surge capacity units if necessary based on the need of the organization. 24 hrs/week guaranteed with the ability to pick up extra shifts.
You Must have :
- Requirements include: 2 or more years experience, telemetry experience, BLS, ACLS, NIHSS.
- Epic Experience is required
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Passion for the Job. ...
- Ability to Work on a Team. ...
- Fantastic Organizational Skills.
Contract Length: 10 weeks
Tuesday, June 30, 2020