RN-Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU)
- Schenectady, NY
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU). You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Looking for ICU RN for 13 week contract 7p-7a.
- Must have NYS license. Temp license acceptable to start.
- The Registered Professional Nurse cares for patients bydiagnosing and treating their responses to actual or potential health problemsin the acute care setting through implementation of the nursing process.Coordinates care of other disciplines, delegates tasks to other nursing personnel,supervises care, provides direct patient care and evaluates outcomes.
- Maintainscompetence in clinical practice and assists in the development of nursingpractice standards through participation in professional committees andorganizations.
- Graduate of accredited RN program. Current licensure inNYS or eligibility for limited permit to practice.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- The position is located indoorsunder normal working conditions.
- Shouldbe able to push/pull 25 lb., lift/move 15 lb. from floor to table, be able toperform moderately difficult manual manipulations such as using a key board,writing and filing for extended periods of time, must be able to perform taskswhich require hand-eye coordination such as data entry, typing and using photocopiers. Mobility requirements mayinclude the ability to sit at a computer terminal or work station for aprolonged period of time in addition to being able to squat, stand and walk fora reasonable length of time and distance. Sensory requirements include the ability to articulate and comprehendthe spoken English language in addition to being able to read the Englishlanguage
- Computer literacy.
- Physical abilities.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Sunday, December 27, 2020