RN-Operating Room, Operating Room / Circulation & Scrub
- Danville, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Operating Room, Operating Room / Circulation & Scrub. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- 13 week contracts
- 10 or 12 hr shifts Day evening rotations/ occasional weekends
- No call
- No holidays
- The Surgical Suite is 24 hour/7 days per week department, located on the second floor of the Abigail Geisinger Pavilion. It contains 37 operating rooms, one of which is specially equipped for Trauma, cystoscopy, and Neuro Endovascular procedures.
- The surgical suite includes a 15-bed Same Day Pre-op area, a 20-bed Same Day Postop area including two isolation rooms, and an 8-bay area including 1 isolation room attached to Same Day Postop. The Post Anesthesia Care Unit has a 24-bed capacity, including five isolation rooms and a 10 Bay Pediatric PACU including two isolation rooms. 10 or 12 hr shifts, Days/evenings, no call no holiday no weekends.
- Qualified Candidate is expected to be capable of functioning independently in a Level 1 Trauma Center Operating Room for all service lines.
- Ability to work as a team. ...
- Excellent communication skills. ...
- Highly organized. ...
- Attention to detail. ...
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Tuesday, March 9, 2021