RN-Long Term Care (LTC)
- Sitka, AK
Registered Nurse Job Description
Coordinates a variety of nursing care procedures for residents of various ages which requires professional knowledge and consideration of specific resident conditions and treatment.
Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the healthcare team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the long term care setting.Guidelines include physician's orders, standards of care, nursing policies and procedures, manuals, hospital and long-term care policies.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (Bachelor's degree in nursing,
- Associate degree in nursing or Diploma in nursing). Experience
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of nursing experience preferred.
- Certificates and License .
- A valid, current, full and unrestricted RN license in the State of Alaska.
- Must have current BLS certification
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, September 30, 2020