RN-Geriatric, Med-surg Adult
- Fort Bragg, CA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Geriatric, Med-surg Adult. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Implements the nursing process with patients including carrying our physicians orders regarding diet, medication and treatment in accordance with hospital standards of care-
- Performs assessments; monitors and ensures quality care through observation and evaluation; documents nursing interventions on care plans and medical records, and reports findings to physicians as needed- Instructs patients, staff and family members regarding treatments, nursing plans and related patient care-
- Distributes and maintains records of controlled drugs and insures their security-
- Responds to emergencies; maintains availability of medications and supplies; ensures cleanliness of equipment and environment-
- May participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of patient care -
- May participate in the development and review of policies and procedures-
- Assists in resolving charge discrepancies as directed-
- Performs other duties as assigned
You Must have :
- REGISTERED NURSEMEDICAL SURGICAL DEPARTMENT Swing BedFLSA Status: Non-ExemptPRINCIPAL
- Graduate of accredited school of registered nursing- Current California RN license-
- Minimum one year acute care experience preferred- Current CPR certification-
- Registered Nurse I is eligible to advance to Registered Nurse II after completion of six months employment with MCDH-
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a high degree of professionalism- Capable of performing position related physical requirements ACLS, BLS Preferred: Cert in Specialty (M/S or Geriatric)
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Monday, January 11, 2021