- Birmingham, AL
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med/Surge . You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Med/Surge Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Med/Surge Nurses include (but are not limited to).
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans. Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures. Records patients medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays. Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients. Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs. Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Participates in discharge planning. Utilizes time management skills.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Assess patient condition.
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Keep records.
Contract Length: 4 weeks 28 days
Saturday, June 13, 2020