- Albuquerque, NM
Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system, under supervision of physician.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment such as type and duration of therapy, and medication and dosages.
- Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Performs broncho-pulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- Consults with physician in event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Orders repairs of equipment when needed.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Appropriate certifications and/or licensures with 2-3 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Judgment and decision making
- Service orientation
- Active listening
Friday, June 12, 2020