RN-Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (PACU)
- King City, CA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (PACU).You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- 8 hour shifts***. There may be some required call every 3rd w/e (with 3 nurses working) and weekday call prn, self-scheduling. OT HOL and Call Back hours will be billed at the OT1 Rate of +$20/hr.
- OT will apply for any hours worked over 40 hours/wk..
- The OT2 Rate (Double time Rate) applies to any hours worked in excess of 12 hours in a single day will be at $30 over the Regular Rate.
- Hospital may call off or cancel up to three (3) shifts per 13 week assignment due to low census or low caseload.
- NOTE: Certifications must be by American Hosp Assn only.
- Conflict resolution
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, February 25, 2021