RN-Med-surg Adult, Med-Surg Ortho, Telemetry Med / Surg
- San Angelo, TX
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse - Med-surg Adult, Med-Surg Ortho, Telemetry Med / Surg You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
Day and night shift RNs needed for busy med/surg unit. no overtime until after 48 hours. Ability to take charge position if needed. No Block scheduling, Recent (within 2 years) Epic Experience. BLS, ACLS required Previous Travel experience, 2 recent references; Shift to be discussed during interview.
- Assess patient condition.
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Keep records.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Tuesday, August 4, 2020