Skilled Nursing (SNF)
- Turlock, CA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Skilled Nursing (SNF). You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Making a difference in the lives of others that's what working at Covenant Living is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults.
- From improving our residents quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates for Registered Nurses (RNs) to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care
- In this role, the Registered Nurse will: Provide routine daily direction and monitor the work of the LPNs and nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Assist in motivating LPNs and CNAs assigned to the nursing unit.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director of Nursing regarding assessments, observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff.
- When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State.
- One year nursing experience necessary.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing.
- Skill in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions in relationship to routine supervision of LPNs and nursing assistant and resident needs.
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Must be tactful and possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English).
- Genuine compassion for senior adults and the disabled.
- Requires good human relation skills and the ability to monitor and direct the activities of others.
- Availability when necessary to work beyond normal working hours and in other related positions on a temporary basis; as well as availability on weekends and holidays, or on days and shifts other than those for which hired.
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 4 weeks
Thursday, January 21, 2021