RN-Cardiac Progressive Care (CPCU), Telemetry Cardiac, Telemetry Nurse
- Chico, CA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Cardiac Progressive Care (CPCU), Telemetry Cardiac, Telemetry Nurse. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- The Telemetry Care Unit (TCU) at Enloe Medical Center is a 26 bed unit that provides medical and surgical treatment to admitted patients that are generally classified as medium acuity patients. Patients admitted to the unit are fairly stable with less complexity, require a higher level of nursing care than found on the general patient care units, or patients that are stable but have a high potential of becoming unstable and require increased nursing care. The patient population served by the Telemetry care unit consists of the young adult through the geriatric patient community. Examples of patients admitted to the Telemetry Care Unit are as follows: Cardiac diagnoses, Myocardial Infarction (MI), Post pacemaker insertion, Arrhythmia detection and treatment, CHF, pneumonia and other like disease processes.
- The patient to nurse ratio shall not exceed 1:4.
- Must have: Current CA RN license
- Current BLS recognition
- Current ACLS (preferred)
- Experience with cardiac drip medications
- ICU experience (preferred)
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. .
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, January 27, 2021