- Framingham, MA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -RN. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions. RN MICU nurses assess, diagnose, treat and monitor critically ill patients in medical intensive care units.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Suctioning Adjusting ventilator/IABP Wound care/repositioning Organizing and transporting for additional testing
- Performing and interpreting ECG Education and fielding questions from patient and/or family members A day in the life of an ICU RN may consist of:
- Take a report and check all infusions on each patient. Complete assessment of the patient and documentation Check all equipment on each patient (ventilator setting, chest/wound drains, IDC, IABP/VAD, nitric oxide tank, pressure transducers) and document accordingly.
- Check the medications chart and make sure all medications are administered timely.
- Attend rounds and make any adjustments Reassess the patient any time any changes are noted.
- Maintain the confidentiality of matters regarding patients and coworkers.
- Comply with regulations, rules and procedures in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Adhere strictly to infection control protocols to protect patients and coworkers.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- MUST have 2 years of recent/consecutive exp (no exceptions)MUST HAVE ACLS, BLSTRAVELER MAY BE REQUIRED TO FLOAT TO FRAMINGHAM UNION CAMPUS AS NEEDED.
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Time Management
Contract Length: 13 weeks 91 days
Saturday, June 13, 2020