- Muskogee, OK
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -PCU. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- PROGRESSIVE CARE / STEPDOWN UNIT. RN with at least 2 YEARS CURRENT PROGRESSIVE CARE / STEPDOWN or ICU experience PLUS RECENT EPIC.
- 20-bed Progressive Care unit caring for complex medical/surgical patient diagnoses in a step-down acute care setting. PCU nurses will provide care for a variety of patients on drips plus chronic tracheostomy patients on ventilators.
- Patient population in unit may include COVID-19 patients however this is not a COVID unit.
- BLS (AHA), ACLS,NIHSS and Basic Dysrhythmia interpretation required.
- MUST BE WILLING to float to adult non-PCU inpatient areas as needed.
- MUST HAVE CURRENT EPIC EMR PROFICIENCY and
- Must successfully complete a 'test out' of Epic on 1st day in order to continue in assignment. Must be able to pass Medication and possibly BDR exam on first day.
- Must have unencumbered Oklahoma license in hand and a permanent address greater than 100 miles.
- Profile MUST include submission/cover page or profile will be declined. START DATES:11/30/20 but flexible
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, November 19, 2020