Assist nurses (RN or LPN) in providing the activities of daily living.
Typically Reports to:
Nurses and Director of Nursing
* Bathing : Dressing
* Feeding: Pass and pick up food trays: Serve nourishments: keep record of intake and o
* Transfer to and from bed or chair or other locations within facility
* Assist to and fro toilet, assist with any toileting needs.
* Keep incontinent residents clean
* Monitor and record bowel movements
* Pass and empty bedpans, urinals,and emesis basins: Collect specimens such as urine, and sputum
* Reposition residents in bed or chair
* Assist with personal and dental hygiene
* Assist in ambulation
* Make beds: Change linens
* Answer call bells and make rounds
* Provide Post Mortem Care
* Take and record vital signs; Measure and record height and weight
* Record Activities of Daily living on flow sheets
* Observe residents and note physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite, etc. and rep changes to the nurse
* Use safety devices and standard precautions to prevent the spread of infections and disease .Monitor dining room during mealtimes as scheduled.
* Evacuate residents in an emergency ,according ,to fire and evacuation policy.
Contract Length: 8 weeks