RN-Med-surg Adult, Med-surg Peds
- Potsdam, NY
Registered Nurse Job Description
The registered nurse provides assessment, care planning and direct delivery of treatment utilizing professional nursing care processes in a patient and family centered manner in accordance with licensure and regulatory scope and standards, and established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- (15%) Performs a comprehensive patient assessment to identify patient and family needs.
- (15%) Develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care involving the patient and the family.
- (15%) Performs and documents direct patient and family centered care and patient education according to nursing standards of practice.
- (15%) Identifies and responds to patient conditions to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- (15%) Performs discharge planning to ensure safe and appropriate transition of care.
- (15%) Directs and delegates care provided by unlicensed team members.
- (10%) Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
You Must have :
- Education Requirements: Required: Graduate of an accredited nursing school program.
- Preferred: BSN from an accredited nursing school program.
- Licensure/Certification Registration Requirements: Required:
- Current, unrestricted New York State registered professional nursing license AHA BLS upon hire Preferred:
- National Certification Required Experience:
- No experience required.
- Preferred: One year of post-licensure practice as a registered professional nurse
- Critical thinking skills,
- working collaboratively with a variety of licensed and unlicensed professionals internal and external to hospital operations,
- application of clinical knowledge and skills in performance of patient care in new and evolving situations,
- clear communication of educational materials and clinical procedures,
- clinical administration of a patient assignment, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Tuesday, September 8, 2020