RN-Operating Room Nurse
- Natick, MA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Operating Room Nurse. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- The Operating Room Nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient in the operating room.
- As a member of the surgical team the RN works with the Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, ORT s and other personnel to provide patient care in the Operating Room according to State Nurse Practice Act, AORN and regulatory standards, physician orders, policies and procedures of the Hospital and the Surgical Department.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring supplies, timeliness of cases, communication with families, updating of physician preference cards, scrubbing and assisting physicians during surgical cases, and supervision of personnel delivering patient care.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Ability to work as a team. ...
- Excellent communication skills. ...
- Highly organized. ...
- Attention to detail. ...
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
Contract Length: 13 weeks 91 days
Saturday, June 13, 2020