RN-Certified Medication Technician (aide)
- Cary, NC
Registered Nurse Job Description
This is a Med Tech role (dispense meds) this is NOT a medical assistant role. Provides residents with services in accordance with healthcare provider's orders regarding administration or assistance with medicationsand treatments, as per state regulations.
Provides direct care to residentsfollowing the individualized service plan.
- Assists in maintaining the physical, social, andpsychological environment that is conducive to the best interest and welfare ofthe residents.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performanceof personnel tasks with the understanding that the responsibilities are notroutine or limited to resident care matters. Maintains a clean, safe,environment in the community by delegating job responsibilities.
- As per state regulations and completion of requiredtraining/certification, administers or assists with self-administration ofmedication and treatments as prescribed by the health care provider. Observesresident's response to existing treatment plan, is aware of prominentmedication interactions and side effects, and observes residents for occurrenceof such and notifies supervisor. Adheres to community infection controlpolicies and procedures.
- Assists residents with medication as defined inmedication procedures. Supervises residents who self-administer medication.Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Maintains resident's records daily and in a timely mannerand in accordance with company policy and procedure. This includesdocumentation related to medication distribution, leisure activities, incidentsand observations, charting any changes in resident's physical condition and orbehaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotionalcondition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of themedicine supply room.
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Completes an accurate accounting of all medications,including controlled substances as per policy.
- Assists with completion of medication cart audits perpolicy and direction of supervisor.
- Provides direct resident care.
- Follows procedures regarding incidents/accidentsinvolving residents.
You Must have :
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); andthree to six months related experience preferred and/or training in directservice with older adults, or equivalent combination of education andexperience. Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer's type ishelpful.
- Certifications, Licenses, and other SpecialRequirements
- General Certifications(BLS/BCLS)
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
- Time Management.
Contract Length: 4 weeks
Wednesday, February 10, 2021