RN-Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU)
- Helena, MT
Registered Nurse Job Description
Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process as a standard, incorporating elements of holistic family centered care through the collection, verification and organization of data about a patient's health status, planning for care, implementation of the plan and evaluation.
Provides direct patient care in the clinical setting under the direction of the ICU Director or designee, and the Charge Nurse.Performs detailed and accurate assessments of critical care patients and completes documentation in a timely and accurate manner according to hospital policy and regulatory requirements. Facilitates patient hand-offs and provides assistance to move the patient through the care continuum. Works collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team, co-workers, physicians, and the community emphasizing a teamwork environment. Ability to implement quality care standards for critical care patients with disease processes including, but not limited to: Heart Failure, Renal Failure, Cardiac complications, post cardiac arrest, post Cardiovascular procedures, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Hematology, multisystem involvement, Neurological, Pulmonary, and administration of vasoactive medications.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Graduate of accredited professional school of nursing.
- LICENSE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY: Current Montana License as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required. Certification in Adult Critical Care Nursing (CCRN) preferred
- Ability to achieve cognitive, organization and emotional maturity to deal effectively with multiple tasks, stresses, deadlines, difficult situations and/or customers. Possesses positive interpersonal and communication skills necessary for effective, non-judgmental, and empathetic patient care and customer relations.
- Positive attitude and emphasis on customer satisfaction and exceptional patient care.
- Ability to achieve expected organizational behavioral standards.Open to feedback and a quickly changing environment, which requires flexibility in scheduling, equipment, and department assignments. Strives to put the patient first above personal needs and beliefs.
- Computer literacy.
- Physical abilities.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, December 16, 2020