- Abilene, TX
- Cares for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals and similar institutions.
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients' charts.
- Observes patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions.
- Answers patients' calls and determines how to assist them.
- Measures and records patients' vital signs.
- Provides basic patient care or treatments.
- Works as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
- Supervises nurses' aides or assistants.
- Assembles and uses equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
- Records food and fluid intake and output.
- Collects samples, such as blood and urine from patients, and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Prepares patients for examinations, tests, or treatments and explain procedures.
- Helps patients with bathing, dressing, maintaining personal hygiene, moving in bed, or standing and walking.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate's degree in nursing
- Experience: LPN license with 1-2 years of related experience
- Position is at a local maximum security prison that we staff the nurses for.
- EMR is required for unit, but it is unique to the prison system.
- Travelers must clear a background check through the Texas Department of Criminal Justice before we can offer positions. Once phone interviews are done if the Director is interested we will send that background to be filled out and once it is returned to us we can submit for clearance. The clearance process can take a few days - a few weeks, depending on the situation.
- Service orientation
- Active listening
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, January 6, 2021