- Scranton, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med-surg Adult. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- RN needed for a 13-week contract:
- Environment: D6A capacity 36 beds and D6B capacity 23 beds offering achallenging and professional work environment.
- Care is provided to a diverse adult population that mayinclude pulmonary disease, diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders, infections,surgeries, peritoneal and hemodialysis, oncology, remote telemetry and COVIDpatients.
- Our current delivery care model is primary nursing throughthe use of RNs, LPNs, and nursing assistants. Our average nurse to patientratio is 1:4/1:5 for medical/surgical patients and 1:3/1:4 COVID patients. Assignmentsare made by taking acuity, discharges, and patient room proximity intoconsideration.
- Interdisciplinary TeamRounds and boost rounds are completed daily as well as team huddles each shift.Our unit receives oversight from the Operations Manager, Team Coordinators,Charge Nurses, and Nurse Educator.
- Wealso receive support from the in-house nursing supervisor, Resource IntensiveCare (RIC) nurses, IV team, phlebotomy, wound nurse, transport techs and RRTand code team. Scheduling is completed online through Smart Square and overtimeis available to all staff. Current charting system is through EPIC.
- Ideal candidate: Someone who can multi-task while using critical thinkingskills to problem-solve, troubleshoot and take corrective measures in the careof patients and handling of equipment. This person must be willing to join ateam-based environment while initiating collaboration with physicians,ancillary personnel and other interdisciplinary team members and taking actionto proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- CMSRN preferred. BLS required
- Professional growth experience.
- Utilizing organization skills.
- Patient variety.
- Practicing quick thinking skills.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, March 3, 2021