RN-Med-surg Adult, PCU
- Muncie, IN
Registered Nurse Job Description
Med Surg/PCU RN for night shift position. WILL BE EXPECTED TO FLOAT TO CRITICAL ACCESS HOSPITALS IN AREA IF NEEDED. Resource Nurses to float to multiple units, of their specialty, within the hospital, as well as, the critical access hospitals if needed. We will not pay for mileage as floating within the region is an expectation of our Resource Nurses and they dont receive compensation for it
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Assess patient condition.
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Saturday, September 5, 2020