RN-Med-surg Adult, Med-surg Peds
- Potsdam, NY
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med-surg Adult, Med-surg Peds. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Education Requirements: Required: Graduate of an accredited nursing school program Preferred: BSN from an accredited nursing school program Licensure/Certification Registration Requirements:
- Required: Current, unrestricted New York State registered professional nursing license
- Preferred: National Certification Required Experience: Required:No experience required.
- Preferred: One year of post-licensure practice as a registered professional nurse Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, working collaboratively with a variety of licensed and unlicensed professionals internal and external to hospital operations, application of clinical knowledge and skills in performance of patient care in new and evolving situations, clear communication of educational materials and clinical procedures, clinical administration of a patient assignment, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Friday, January 8, 2021