RN-Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), PCU, Telemetry Cardiac, Telemetry Med / Surg
- Clarkston, WA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), PCU, Telemetry Cardiac, Telemetry Med / Surg. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- 25 bed CAH (ICU/PCU/Telemetry Required) must be experienced in all areas WA license must be ACTIVE.
- Identifies patient's/significant others needs for patient education and provides education utilizing appropriate education modalities.
- Identifies and provides for patient safety through preventative measures (i.e., side rails, restraints, safe use of equipment, etc.) follows restraint policy correctly, evaluates and documents appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe operation of all equipment in the ICU/PCU/Telemetry areas. Is aware of troubleshooting techniques and follows procedures for repair of essential equipment and able to access equipment manuals as needed. Implements infection control and isolation procedures using proper procedures and documentation.
- Utilizes standard precautions at all times. Maintains complete, accurate, concise documentation of patient status, nursing interventions and patient responses during assigned shift. Documents charge accurately. Ensures accuracy and completes physicians orders in a timely manner. Completes 24 hour check of orders (if within duties of assigned shift).
- Gives change of shift report to oncoming employees in a complete and accurate manner. Communicates with other department completely and accurately. Reports critical lab values to the physician in a timely manner according to policy. Maintains and restocks emergency carts, room and general supplies. Other duties as assigned.
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. .
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, January 14, 2021