RN-Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), PCU, Step Down
- Wilkes Barre, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), PCU, Step Down. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- RN will care for ICU patients on this PCU floor: PCU RN
- 24-bed Adult High Acuity Unit.
- Our staffing ratio is 2:1 or 3:1 depending on patient acuity. Our staffing also includes a Team Lead who does not typically carry a patient assignment and is available to team members to assist in any way necessary. In addition, each shift has a Clinical Coordinator who works in both an administrative and clinical capacity. The unit is led by an Operations Manager who is also a Registered Nurse.
- PCU is a closed unit and is served primarily by our Hospitalist Service. However, we do receive patients admitted under our Trauma Surgery, General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Neurosurgery Teams just to name a few. Coverage is 24 hours a day.
- We need someone who is able to make quick decisions on their feet, someone who is detail oriented, but able to see the bigger picture. A candidate for our unit is someone who is eager and enthusiastic about work, someone who has integrity, and able to self-report mistakes or errors without fear of being reprimanded.
- This is an extremely fast paced environment, so we need someone with strong assessment and clinical skills. We have great cooperation and RN to RN interactions here, as well as great physician relations. We also have a close relationship with our Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- CCRN/PCCN preferred but not necessary.
- A candidate for this unit would have experience with:
- - ventilators (we care for patients who are chronically vented and have a trach)
- - multiple drips/pressors
- - wound/dressing changes
- - tracheostomy care
- - arterial lines/CVPs
- - epidurals
- - PCAs
- - lumbar drains
- - care for patients on bipap and hiflow
- - line draws from VAMPs
- Conflict resolution.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, March 4, 2021