RN-Critical Care (CCU), Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU)
- Wilkes Barre, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Critical Care (CCU), Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU). You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- 13 week ICU traveler needed. Trauma, Neuro, Medical Surgical Experience. (GI Bleeds, Serve Sepsis, Renal, Endocrine, etc).
- Many times, we get applicants with limited neuro experience and we have difficulty finding appropriate assignments.
- Our ratio is 2:1 or 1:1 depending on patient acuity. Our assignments are re-evaluated on a 4-hour basis, if not sooner, to assure nurse and patient safety. We need someone who is able to make quick decisions on their feet, someone who is detail oriented, but able to see the bigger picture Someone who is eager and enthusiastic about work, someone who has integrity, and able to self-report mistakes or errors without fear of being reprimanded.
- This is an extremely fast paced environment, so we need someone with strong assessment and clinical skills.
- We have great cooperation and RN to RN interactions here, especially on night shift.
- We do multi-disciplinary rounds every day and the nurse plays a major role in this. There are Attendings, Fellows, Residents, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practioners available on the unit at all times, as well as Respiratory Therapists. We also have access in every room to the eICU Electronic ICU, which can be an extra set of critical care experienced RN eyes or someone to ask questions. Our team is set composed of an Operations Manager 5 Team Coordinators (charge nurses) 2 Nurse educators 6 Clinicians (who work right along side of everyone, unit leaders) CCRN preferred but not necessary. Experience with: Ventilators, Mulitple gtts, Wound/dressing changes, V.Caths, Bolts, A-Lines / CVPs / Swans, End of Life / Gift of Life (Organ Donation), CRRT and Rapid infusers.
- Computer literacy.
- Physical abilities.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, January 14, 2021