RN-Med-surg Adult, Telemetry Med / Surg
- Tulsa, OK
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med-surg Adult, Telemetry Med / Surg. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- MINIMUM 2 years recent MEDICAL OR SURGICAL EXPERIENCE WITH TELEMETRY REQUIRED in a medium - large sized facility
- MUST HAVE MINIMUM 2 YRS recent related medical/telemetry experience in med/large facility.
- MUST have telemetry proficiency and will be required to pass dysrrhythmia and medication tests upon start of assignment. Primarily a 32-bed General Medical Telemetry/Renal& Charge nurse is available to assist with admissions/discharges and general nursing needs on the unit.
- May be floated between several specialized medical and surgical units with telemetry beds.
- EPIC experience desirable but not required; will provide training in initial two days of class orientation.
- BLS (AHA) required.
- Assess patient condition.
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Keep records.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, September 9, 2020