RN-Med-surg Adult, Neurology, Telemetry Med / Surg
- Tulsa, OK
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med-surg Adult, Neurology, Telemetry Med / Surg. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- IMMEDIATE NEED - 2 YEARS MINIMUM MED/SURG or NEURO or ICU / STEPDOWN EXPERIENCE IN MEDIUM-LARGE FACILITIES REQUIRED. EPIC EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
- Candidates MUST have comfort level with telemetry. Patient population includes patients with: Strokes, TIA's, seizures, migraines, craniotomies after ICU, spinal surgery. Required flexibility to float to other medical/surgical units. CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: NIHSS and BLS (AHA). Candidate must pass Epic competency PLUS Basic Dysrhythmia and medication exams during initial 2-day orientation in order to continue in the assignment.Saint Francis Hospital is 1000 bed facility with a wide range of specialized medical, surgical and critical care units, receiving Level I trauma patients. Tulsa, Oklahoma Previous experience in moderate to large size facilities is expected in candidates selected for interviews.
- CANDIDATE PROFILES: MUST include candidate's permanent address of at least 100 miles from facility PLUS current unencumbered Oklahoma licensure capability. SFHS Submission Cover sheet with required information MUST be included or submission will be declined.Start date: 10/6/20 (9/14/20 is our next one if available to traveler and company for credentialing.)
- This is a NEUROSCIENCE UNIT with 30 private rooms (neuro-surgical and neuro patient population).
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Keep records.
Contract length: 13 weeks
Friday, September 4, 2020