RN-Clinic, Emergency Room Nurse, Fast Track / Triage, Urgent Care
- Haines, AK
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Clinic, Emergency Room Nurse, Fast Track / Triage, Urgent Care. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- This position may require night coverage and will be discussed at time of interview.
- Position will require RN to be skilled in Primary Care Nursing as well as Urgent Care/Emergency***
- Provides professional nursing care to patients of all ages from infant to elderly including after hours urgent/emergent clinic.
- Performs professional nursing duties utilizing the nursing process and initiating nursing actions, providing comprehensive nursing care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and socio-cultural needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates initiatives and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks during times when patient load is light.
- Must be able to identify life threatening situations quickly. Must be organized and able to coordinate all aspects of patient care to provide the highest quality of healthcare services and to promote excellent customer service.
- The RN makes daily decisions affecting patient access to care and direct delivery of care.
- Communication with the patient, primary health care provider and SEARCH support services are required. This position is under the direct supervision of the nurse manager. ;
- Employee is expected to make decisions using basic nursing knowledge and skill developed from educational experiences and training.
- This person is expected to function independently, be self-starting and show good judgment in decision and problem solving.
- Knowledge of nursing care principles, practice and procedures required to assess and care for patients of all ages and conditions. In conjunction with the primary care provider, develops a plan of care from assessment data for individual patients. Observes, assesses, recognizes, identifies and interprets the patient condition. Documents observations, nursing interventions, health teaching, therapeutic measures, and the coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines. Evaluates to what extent nursing interventions have met the health care goals the patient and revises the plan of care accordingly.
- Administers therapeutic measures as ordered by a physician or other qualified health care provider appropriates within scope of practice and department protocol.
You Must have :
- Education/Experience Successful completion of a BSN, Diploma, or Associated Nursing Degree Program 6 months ambulatory health nursing experience with 1 year general nursing experience as an RN following completion of a BSN or 2 years of general nursing experience.
- Emergency/Critical Care Nursing a plus. Valid RN license issued by the State of Alaska.
- Must have BLS until obtain ACLS.ACLS/PALS within one year of employment.
- Training is provided on site. Limited Radiology on line course will also be required and provided by employer.
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
- Time Management. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, September 30, 2020