RN-Home Health RN
- Rutland, VT
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Home Health RN. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Utilizing the nursing process, assesses patient/care giver needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients, in accordance with evidence-based practice, State and Federal regulations, Vermont State Board of Nursing and VNAHSR policies and regulations..
- Develops and communicates a realistic plan of care for each patient in accordance with evidence-based practice, State and Federal regulations, Vermont State Board of Nursing and VNAHSR policies and regulations.Ensures that the patient/care givers are included in the care plan process.
- Serves as Case Manager for assigned patients and actively manages case loads and visit times in accordance with agency productivity standards.
- Effectively fills out and completes OASIS documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, and State and Federal regulations, Demonstrates knowledge of, and keeps up-to-date on changes to OASIS documentation requirements as needed. Ensures documentation is competed in accordance with Agency practice (timeliness.)
- Implements medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary to ensure the safe effective quality of care for patients in accordance with evidence-based practice, State and Federal regulations, Vermont State Board of Nursing and VNAHSR policies and regulations.
- Stays up-to-date on a variety of High-Tech skills; IV use and maintenance, wound VAC, complex wound care, etc. Takes action to ensure that infection control standards re maintained throughout plan of care.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Critical thinking
- Communication skills
- Time Managment
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, August 19, 2020