COTA (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant)
- Milton Freewater, OR
- Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, and administering rehabilitative programs that improve ADL’s , IADL’s mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury.
- This is a Travel position for 13 week contracts ,temp to perm and Per diem position .
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Plan, prepare, or carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enter information into computer.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation.
- Administer manual exercises, massage, or traction to help relieve pain, increase patient strength, or decrease or prevent deformity or crippling.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Test and measure patient's strength, motor development and function, sensory perception, functional capacity, or respiratory or circulatory efficiency and record data.
- Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
- Confer with the patient, medical practitioners, or other appropriate parties to plan, implement, or assess the intervention program.
- Review physician's referral and patient's medical records to help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment required.
- Comply with professional, ethical, and legal standards.
- * The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum Education: BS/MS/DOT in occupational therapy from an accredited occupational therapy program.
- Minimum Experience: At least 2 years' experience in skilled Nursing facilities, or out patient or hospitals. New Grads are welcome to apply
- Certification: Current occupational Therapist state license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Judgment and decision making
- Service orientation
- willing to travel to client locations
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, November 19, 2020