RN-Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse, Cath Lab RN
- North Platte, NE
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse, Cath Lab RN. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development.
- This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
- Current RN Nebraska license or compact RN required. BLS, ACLS required. Willing to work in clinic when needed. The candidate must be willing to be on a rotating on call schedule for nights, weekends and holidays.Facility SummaryBased in North Platte, Neb., Great Plains Health is a fully accredited, 116-bed acute care regional medical center serving west central Nebraska, northern Kansas and southern South Dakota.
- With 90 physicians representing nearly 30 medical specialties, the Great Plains Health system offers advanced healthcare including heart and vascular, cancer and orthopedic surgery services. Great Plains Health is a level III trauma center with all of its emergency room physicians board certified in emergency medicine. The system employs more than 930 employees and serves a geographic area spanning approximately 16,000 square miles.
- The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and is home to an American College of Surgeons accredited cancer center and level 2 bariatric surgery program. For more information, visit gphealth.org.
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ..
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Monday, January 25, 2021