- Tuba City, AZ
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -ACU. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- The Registered Nurse performs a variety of responsible nursing care procedures on this 30 bed adult med/surg unit. Patient to Nurse ratio is 6 to 1 days and 7 to 1 nights. Will work 7, 12 hour shifts per 2 week pay period, typically 3 shifts one week followed by 4 the next. Overtime after 40 hrs a week or 80 hrs a pay period or over the 7 shifts.
- Requiring professional knowledge and consideration of specific patient conditions and treatments and ability to work independently in completing assignments. Guidelines include doctors' orders, standards of care, nursing policies and procedures manuals, hospital policies.
- As a member of the health care team, serves as Clinical Nurse performing professional nursing duties for the care of inpatients.
- Nursing duties include the provision of patient care and support to individuals of all ages and their families.Tuba City Regional Healthcare does not require your RN to have an AZ state license.
- Your nurse must have a valid RN license from their state of residence. Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation, a JCAHO accredited health center, provides services to a 4,400 square mile area and serves as a referral center for the western part of the Navajo and Hopi Reservations.
- The hospital was constructed in 1975 with a bed capacity of 73. Services provided to the community include comprehensive inpatient/outpatient emergency services, dental and ophthalmology services, orthopedics, OB/GYN, oral surgery, eye surgery and urological procedures. Approximately 49% of the surgeries performed are out patient/ambulatory surgical procedures. Learn more about our organization.The Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation is located in Northwestern Arizona on the land known as the Colorado Plateau. This semi-desert landscape varies in elevation from 4,400 in the Little Colorado River Valley to nearly 7,000 feet at Preston Mesa. The unique community of Tuba City offers a culturally rich environment.
- The Native American tribes located and served here are the Navajo, Hopi, and Southern Paiute. This mixture along with Anglo, Hispanic, and African American employees of the hospital and school systems make a pleasantly diverse community.
- The staff of medical providers includes surgeons, general medical officers, internal medicine, psychiatrists, pediatricians, family practice physicians, obstetricians, ENT specialists, orthopedic surgeons, and urologists. Dental staff includes general dentists, endodontists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, pediatric dentists, dental assistants and hygienists.
- The nursing staff includes registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, nursing assistants, community health nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, CRNA, and community health medics.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Must have experience in MedSurg. Will require floating to RCU, shifts covered in RCU Shifts in ACU.
- MUST have current immunizations, neg Tb skin test within 1 yr, clean background check, negative 10 panel drug screen within 7 days, all PRIOR to arrival.
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 12 weeks
Saturday, September 5, 2020