- Wilkes Barre, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
Assesses patient needs and plans, organizes, performs and evaluates nursing activitiesto meet those needs. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range of their assigned nursing unit.
Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and maximize patientsatisfaction in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Geisinger Health System.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- For Registered Nurses with less than five (5) years work experience as an RN, a BSN degree is required or enrollment in a BSN program within 12months of hire date withBSN degree completed within 4 years of hire date is required.
- For Registered Nurses with more than 5 years of work experience as an RN in anacute/inpatient capacity, a BSN degree is not required.
- For current Geisinger Registered Nurses who transfer into this position, BSN degree is preferred.Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license in good standing required.BLS, NRP, STABLE certification required.
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract length :13 weeks
Thursday, September 10, 2020