RN-Med-surg Adult, Med-Surg Ortho
- Taos, NM
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med-surg Adult, Med-Surg Ortho. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Registered Nurse needed for Med/Surg department; must have minimum of 3 + years of experience required. 36 hours per week but may be more hours dependent on need, 12 hours shift, Nights.
- Must have current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications and current RN license.
- Holy Cross Medical Center in Taos, New Mexico is located at over 6900 feet elevation where the high desert of Northern New Mexico meets the mountains and Rio Grande river with excellent outdoor recreational opportunities available all year long.
- Assess patient condition.
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
- Keep records.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Monday, December 21, 2020