RN-Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (PACU)
- Kennewick, WA
Registered Nurse Job Description
The registered nurse (RN) plans, coordinates and implements patient care specific to the age of the patient population served on the floor. The RN ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner, consistent with departmental standards of care.
The RN demonstrates performance consistent with the mission, philosophy and goals of the assigned unit and the organization. He/she remains flexible to changing systems - is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practices, and treats staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
Minimum Requirements: Current WA RN License
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. .
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Friday, September 11, 2020