RN-Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), Special Care (SCU)
- Danville, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU), Special Care (SCU). You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- MUST HAVE A PA LICENSE AND BE WILLING TO GET A FBI FINGERPRINT AT LEAST 10 DAYS IN ADVANCE IN PA***3 ASAP START needs, willing to float days or nightsHFAM 7 is a cardiac focus ICU and SCU combine. We have a total of 19 ICU beds and 11 SCU beds. We specialize in cardiac surgery, post arrest patients, cardiogenic shock, etc.
- We typically use the following equipment; cardiac pace makers, Swan Ganz catheters, arterial lines, Intra-aortic balloon pumps (IABP), Right and Left ventricular assist devices (R VAD, L VAD Bi VAD), Impella devices, continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), and have recently become the extra corporeal membrane oxygenation center (ECMO) for the health system.
- General Certifications(ACLS,BLS/BCLS)
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. .
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Monday, January 11, 2021