RN-Critical Care (CCU), Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU)
- Tulsa, OK
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Critical Care (CCU), Intensive Care / Coronary Nurse (ICU). You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A MINIMUM of 2 YEARS CURRENT CRITICAL CARE experience in a medium to large sized facility.
- Assignment is in a 30-bed Trauma / Neuro / Surgical ICU, containing 5 negative pressure rooms for COVID patients; Floating may be required to 4 Tower Progressive Care (primarily a COVID unit) and other critical care units. SKILLS to include Critical Care Competencies; Vent management (Surgical, neuro or trauma ICU experience strongly preferred) with comfort level managing patients with vents, ventricular drains, with drips including: Amiodarone, Cardizem, Heparin, Insulin, pressors, and other titratable drips etc; central lines (CVP and AL.) REQUIRED Certifications: ACLS (AHA,) BLS (AHA,) and NIHSS Cert. Patient:Nurse ratio in critical care generally 2:1, but may occasionally vary due to unit/census/staffing/acuity. EPIC knowledge very helpful but will provide 8 hours of class instruction during initial orientation. Successful completion of the two-day class orientation including Epic competency required to continue in the assignment.
- Assignment can be either every other weekend or every weekend.
- May be able to schedule for 7a-7p instead of 7p-7a - discuss with manager.
- Saint Francis Hospital is 1000 bed facility with a wide range of specialized medical, surgical and critical care units, receiving Level I trauma.
- Candidate must be able to pass basic dysrhythmia, basic hemodynamic monitoring and medication exams on first day.
- CANDIDATES: MUST live 100 miles or farther away from facility PLUS current unencumbered Oklahoma license at time of submission.
- Computer literacy.
- Physical abilities.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Tuesday, December 15, 2020