RN-Cardiac Progressive Care (CPCU), Cardiovascular ICU, CVICU, Telemetry Cardiac
- Chico, CA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Cardiac Progressive Care (CPCU), Cardiovascular ICU, CVICU, Telemetry Cardiac. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- The Cardiovascular Unit (CVU) at Enloe Medical Center is a 30 bed unit that provides medical, pre-operative and post-operative surgical care to admitted patients that are generally classified as medium to high acuity patients. Patients admitted to the unit are stable, have a high potential of becoming unstable, have a higher complexity and existing co-morbidities, and require a higher level of nursing care than found on the general patient care units. The patient population served by the Cardiovascular Unit consists of the young adult through the geriatric patient community.
- Examples of patients admitted to the Cardiovascular Unit are as follows: Cardiac diagnoses, Pre/Post cardiac artery bypass surgery, carotid endarterectomy, Acute Myocardial Infarction (MI), Post pacemaker insertion, Arrhythmia detection, CHF, pneumonia and other like disease processes. The patient to nurse ratio shall not exceed 1:4.
- Must have:Current CA RN license
- Current BLS
- Current ACLS
- EPIC charting experience- 6 months of Critical Care experience
- Conflict resolution.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Tuesday, March 2, 2021