RN-Sterile Processing Technologist
- Bozeman, MT
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Sterile Processing Technologist. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Required: Completion Of High School With Diploma or Equivalent GED Preferred: College Course Work in Microbiology, Medical Terminology - CRCST Certification Substitutes for college course work since the National Exam includes Medical Terminology and Microbiology, which is part of the course work study in the Central Service Technical Manual Eighth Edition.
- LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION Required: CRCST With IAHCSMM CBSPD AHA BLS certification Preferred: CRCST CIS with IAHCSMM
- EXPERIENCE Required: CRCST Preferred: 2 Years Experience W/CRCST, Will consider 3 years Experience with no Certification with the expectation/requirement of obtaining Certification, CRSCT, within 18 months of hire date to maintain employment with Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
- The Certified Sterile Processing Technician plays a critical role in preventing Hospital Acquired Infections, (HAI's), throughout the organization. He or She will provide knowledge based support using current best practices as set by IAHCSMM, CBSPD, AAMI ST79, and AORN, in support of Surgical Services, Labor & Delivery, Cath Lab, X-Ray/Radiology, Cancer Treatment Center, Endoscopy, Urology Associates, and all other ancillary departments and outlying clinics that depend on the support services of the Sterile Processing Department for the cleaning, decontamination, high level disinfection, assembly, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation, medical devices and equipment, clinical instrumentation, and all other related items within the organization that are specifically defined by the manufacturers IFU's requiring the services of the Sterile Processing Department. Certified Sterile Processing Technicians will be efficient in all areas of surgical service instrumentation, including but not limited to, Ortho, Spinal, Neuro, Laparoscopic, ENT, Dental, Ophthalmology, General, GYN, and Vascular. Certified Sterile Processing Technicians will also have the knowledge and training in the specialty area of flexible scope handling and their cleaning, decontamination, high level disinfection and or sterilization, and the use of high level disinfection processors for flexible scopes.
- The Certified Technician will know how to navigate and obtain the Manufacturers IFU's for any items that come through the Sterile Processing Department using OneSourceDocs. Certified Technicians will be expected to understand the importance of wearing proper PPE when working in Decontamination, and He or She will be expected to understand the functions and principles of proper decontamination as it relates to the sterilization process. Understanding the importance of the proper measurement allocation of enzymatics and detergents for the purpose of removing bioburden will be expected. Understanding the principles and meanings of Disinfected, High level disinfection, and Sterilization will be expected.
- In the event that the High Level Disinfection Processer, EvoTech or otherwise, should be out of service, the Certified Sterile Processing Technician will be expected to know how to manually clean, leak test, and disinfect any model flexible scope following the Manufacturers IFU's. This would mean using the correct brushes, detergents and or enzymatics, flushing, drying, and the correct method of high level disinfection or sterilization cycle to complete the process.
- The Certified Technician will be expected to understand that not following the Manufacturers IFU's for proper manual cleaning as set fourth could result in patient illness or even death.
- The Certified SPD Technician will be responsible for knowing how to set up a flexible scope according to the Manufacturers IFU's in our High Level Disinfector, EvoTech, using the correct tubing and connectors, to the correct ports, for proper high level disinfection of the flexible scope. The Certified Technician will be expected to understand that not doing so is a critical patient safety issue that may result in illness or even death to the patient.
- Certified Technicians will understand the importance of documentation as it relates to sterilization load preparation, biological monitoring, equipment testing, and incident reporting. It will be expected that He or She will know what the accreditation agencies such as the DNV or JCAHO would be looking for when it comes to Sterile Processing, and what the consequences would be to our department and organization if we are not following correct protocol.
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, January 21, 2021