- Fort Wayne, IN
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Rehab RN. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Vital signs, Medication administration, assessments, patient care and patient transfers Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) EPIC charting; PYXIS, IV Pumps, Tube Feeding Pumps, Wound Vacs, Trach suctioning, \r\n Required skills and minimum years of experience.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Minimum 1 year-2 years preferred.
- Trach care, Iv Starts, Dressing changes, Peg tube care, Patient Lifting Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required.
- Communications skills
- Time Management
- Critical thinking
Contract Length: 13 weeks 91 days
Wednesday, June 24, 2020