RN-Operating Room / Scrub, Surgical Technologist
- Bloomington, IN
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse - Operating Room / Scrub, Surgical Technologist . You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of surgical technologist's tasks are usually limited to preparing operating rooms and equipments,and handing instruments to surgeons,the surgical assistant provides hands-on assistance to a surgeon during an operation.
Associate degree, diploma or certificate in surgical technology. You will also need to be trained in NBSTSA and NCCT certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Prepare the operating room for upcoming surgeries.
- Sterilize equipment and stock up any necessary supplies.
- Prepare patients for their procedures.
- Sterilize equipment and hands surgeons instruments upon their request.
- Order and take inventory of supplies, and maintain files and records of procedures.
You Must have :
- Associate degree, diploma or certificate in surgical technology.
- Some vocational schools, colleges, and hospitals offer this training that can last from several months to two years.
- Programs consist of a combination of classroom education and clinical training. The Association of Surgical Technologists (AST), a widely recognized professional association.
Job specific experience:
- Education: Associate degree, diploma or certificate in surgical technology
- Active listening
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Contract length: 13 weeks
Wednesday, August 5, 2020