- Kettering, OH
Registered Nurse Job Description
The surgical technologist (ST) is responsible for assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon.
- Responsibilities include, yet, not limited to the following: Appropriately labels and handles patient specimens.
- Competently performs Surgical Technologist skills as defined by the units scope of practice.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment free from clutter.
- Receives and responds to appropriate delegation; does not perform skills/care that has not been delegated by a licensed nurse or physician
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrates safe infection control practices.
- Assists the nurse/physician with patient procedures.
- Performs preceptor activities as requested.
- Participates in one elective educational opportunity.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic technique in preparing for and assisting in surgical procedures.
- Prepares OR table and scrubs with surgeries.
- Provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery.
- Acquires and demonstrates skills needed to operate specialized equipment used in the OR.
- Assist with preoperative and postoperative care as directed by RN
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of surgical procedures and provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment
- Assist with patient transport and other patient care duties in the OR.
You Must have :
- Required Skills, Education and Experience: Associate Degree in Surgical Technology from a NBSTA accredited program or certification from NCCT; or Four (4) years of experience as a surgical technologist with a High School Diploma; or Four (4) years applicable on the job or military surgical technology training with a High School Diploma
- Required Licenses, Certifications and Registrations: Certified Surgical Technologist required
- Preferred Job Qualifications:Surgical Technology skills required, preferably in a hospital operating room environment
- Two plus years travel experience
- Conflict resolution.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Monday, March 15, 2021