LABOR AND DELIVERY Perm: Director
- Lafayette, IN
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a caring, dedicated Labor and Delivery Nurse to join our team of physicians, midwives, and other professionals in caring for women during their pregnancy, labor, and birth. The Labor and Delivery Nurse assists the physician or midwife with all aspects of pregnancy and birth, assists surgeons during caesarian sections, and cares for women who experience complications with their pregnancies or birthing processes.
A Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration.
- Meeting with expectant mothers for prenatal visits and providing care for normal and problematic pregnancies.
- Teaching childbirth preparation classes.
Providing information, guidance, and hands-on clinical care to pregnant women.
- Monitoring fetal heartbeat and length and strength of contractions during labor.
- Coaching women, assisting with any complications, and administering medications during birth.
- Performing tests on newborns after birth.
- Providing guidance to new mothers on all aspects of recovery and infant care.
- Using equipment and administering medications related to labor, delivery, and the care of newborns.
You Must have :
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- A Registered Nursing Licence.
Job specific experience:
- Education: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Experience: Over 2 years' experience as a Registered Nurse in labor and delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under intense pressure and stress.
- Flexibility to work shifts and remain on-call for emergency situations.
Friday, June 12, 2020