RN-Personal Care Assistant
- Turlock, CA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Personal Care Assistant. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Assists residents with daily activities. This includes but is not limited to assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Reminds residents of scheduled activities, social events, meals, need to get dressed, etc., when necessary. May also assist with medication supervision and/or administration after completion of required course work.
- Assists with laundry.
- Assists dietary staff with serving meals in the dining room, ensuring residents attendance in dining room, and observes residents while eating.
- Arranges for and deliver meal trays for room service as needed, assists with returning trays to kitchen when meal is over. Serves supplemental nourishment and snacks as needed.
- Observes on an ongoing basis residents condition including mental state and general well being, changes in residents physical conditions, and reports to the assisted living coordinator when appropriate.
- Responds to residents call signals, makes rounds and checks on safety and security of residents. Use of independent judgment to provide assistance to residents or summon assistance from other personnel.
- Provides general support, comfort, and socialization opportunities to residents; encourages independence and attendance at activities and social events
- Assists the activities staff as needed with activities and social events on a daily basis; follows instructions for evening and weekend programming.
- Assists residents to and from meals and activities, including wheel chair transport.
- Assists in the admission, orientation, discharge, and transfer of residents.
- Uses proper sanitary and aseptic techniques. Use universal precautions as appropriate.
- Completes other duties according to applicable procedures for the assigned shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You Must have :
- This position reports directly to the Assisted Living Director; may take direction from the activities, dietary or housekeeping supervisors when assisting in those areas. This position gives assistance to residents in areas of activities, dining services, light housekeeping, and routine activities of daily living.
- This position is service in nature. In performance of duties the resident care associate is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. ...
Contract Length: 4 weeks
Wednesday, December 30, 2020